Index du Forum

Forum libre et sans modérateur sur la spiritualité, garantissant la liberté de conscience.

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

atest Manning Brothers matchup

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Religion -> Monothéisme
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
blueberryjerry

Genre: Féminin
Spiritualité: ASFASFAF

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Nov - 06:50 (2016)    Sujet du message: atest Manning Brothers matchup Répondre en citant

PHILADELPHIA - Despite his diminutive size, Jimmy Rollins always believed he could hit a baseball. Cheap Matt Ryan Jersey . Turns out hes been good enough to amass more hits in a Phillies uniform than any other player. Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphia to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday. Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration. "It was very cool," said Rollins. The 5-foot-8 shortstop never let his stature deter him. "Thats something my mom and dad taught me when Im young," he said. "(Im) probably not going to be biggest guy, but that doesnt mean you have to be weak, doesnt mean you dont have confidence. And then size isnt really going to matter. Ive always had that belief in myself and without it I wouldnt have been here." Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch. David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings. But the day belonged to Rollins. He made his debut with the Phillies on Sept. 17, 2000, and has played his entire career in Philadelphia. "To be the all-time hits leader, that speaks for itself," Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg said. "It was well worth it. Fourteen years of effort with one uniform in a lot of ways thats old school." Said Cubs manager Rick Renteria: "Hes put together what is potentially a Hall of Fame career. Hes a credit to Philadelphia and the Phillies. I think hes admired all over." Schmidt, a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes. After the Phillies left the field, Schmidt took Rollins hand and held it in the air. Fans cheered and gave the duo a standing ovation as fireworks erupted from the large video board in left field. "I told him, Congrats, it couldnt happen to a better guy," Schmidt said later in the game. "Im glad I was here. My heart is pounding." Schmidt had doubts that any player would break his hits record in notoriously tough Philadelphia and in the era of free agency. But Rollins mentality on and off the field, Schmidt says, allowed him to do it. "Hes very comfortable in his own skin," Schmidt said. "Hes got a nice, short stride and stays relaxed (at the plate). Hes a great clutch hitter, tremendous . much better than me. One of the great compliments you can pay a hitter is (to) say I want him up when the game is on the line." Schmidt said Rollins should get "definite consideration" for the Hall of Fame right now and believes Rollins could land in Cooperstown with continued solid play for three or four more years. "He knows talent, thats pretty cool," Rollins said. Schmidt also knows hitting. Upon leaving the field, Schmidt was stopped in the dugout by the slumping Brown, who asked for a hitting lesson. Schmidt said he told Brown to drive through the ball with his left hand. Minutes later, Brown broke the game open with a three-run homer to right, his fourth of the season after hitting 27 last year, that put Philadelphia ahead 7-3 and chased Jackson (4-7). Rollins received strong ovations when he came to the plate his first two at-bats, but he grounded out to first base in the first inning and lined out sharply to first in the second. He finished 1 for 4. Justin Ruggiano, Luis Valbuena and Mike Olt homered for Chicago. Jonathan Papelbon pitched a scoreless ninth for his 15th save in 16 chances. Jackson allowed seven runs — six earned — on eight hits in 4 2-3 innings. Utley put Philadelphia in front with a solo shot in the first, but Olt answered in the second. It was the 10th homer in 22 hits for the Cubs rookie. Ben Revere and Carlos Ruiz had RBI hits, along with Junior Lakes fielding error in centre field, in the bottom of the second helped Philadelphia take a 4-1 lead. NOTES: The Cubs lost an eighth-inning challenge when replays upheld first base umpire Kerwin Danleys decision that Nate Schierholtz was out at first base. The delay was 2 minutes, 17 seconds. . Jackson fell to 0-5 in five regular-season starts at Citizens Bank Park. . Chicago dropped its NL-worst road record to 12-25. The Cubs havent won consecutive road games on the same trip since last Sept. 10-11. . Cubs left-hander Travis Wood (6-5, 4.95) opposes Phillies right-hander A.J. Burnett (3-5, 4.41) in the series finale at 1:35 Sunday. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun the international tournament will likely return in September 2016 rather than 2015. Atlanta Falcons Jerseys China . Lynn was tied for 16th entering the fourth round, six shots behind leader Paul Waring. He started with two birdies and added three more on his last five holes at the Oceanico Victoria course for an 18-under total of 266. http://www.cheapfalconsjerseysauthentic.com/ . The result means Atletico Madrid now tops the table, with Madrid level on points in second and Barcelona a point behind in third with nine games remaining as the title race shapes up to be the closest in years.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Julius Thomas figures only friends and family drafted him in their fantasy football leagues this season. One catch in two pro seasons didnt exactly make him a tantalizing target. He certainly was a bulls-eye for Peyton Manning in the NFLs kickoff. He caught the first two of the Denver quarterbacks record-tying seven touchdown throws in the Broncos 49-27 rout of the Ravens. His five-catch, 110-yard breakout performance showed fantasy fans and real opponents alike that Thomas can be just as big a part of the Broncos plans this season as their trio of wide receivers. Not that Thomas was ever doubted in Denver, mind you. The Broncos brass stuck with the former college basketball power forward who got hurt in his second game as a rookie in 2011, and Thomas returned the favour with a dogged work ethic even as an afterthought. Finally healthy after spending the bulk of his first two seasons in the pros dealing with a bum right ankle, the 6-foot-5, 255-pound Thomas treated every practice this summer like it was game day. Not only was he a late bloomer -- he only played one year of college football after exhausting his basketball eligibility at Portland State -- but he got hurt on his one and only NFL catch after the Broncos selected him in the fourth round of the 2011 draft, hoping theyd landed the next Antonio Gates. After flashing enormous potential in overpowering safeties and eluding linebackers, Thomas injured his right ankle when Bengals linebacker Manny Lawson tackled him after a 5-yard catch in his second NFL game. His career was stuck in neutral after that. He needed an operation last year and played in just four games while tight ends Joel Dreessen and Jacob Tamme combined for 93 catches, 911 yards and seven touchdown catches in 2012. No matter: playing against the NFLs second-best defence last season while running with the scout team helped Thomas hone his skills, calm his nerves and build his confidence. Thomas took advantage of injuries to Tamme and Dreessen this summer to earn Mannings trust and a prominent role in Adam Gases turbocharged offence. When Broncos Executive Vice-President John Elway remarked recently that he was "truly jealous of the weapons that Peyton gets to throw to," hhe made sure to mention he was including Thomas in that equation. Cheap Atlanta Falcons Jerseys. "He obviously knows a lot more about football than I do and to have his confidence, that means a lot," Thomas said. "This is my third year, but really Im pretty inexperienced and when times get tough, Im sure thats going to be something I have in my back pocket." Thomas had TD catches of 24 and 23 yards before the Broncos roared back from a 17-14 halftime deficit Thursday night with their biggest onslaught in nearly a half-century -- the only time they ever scored more points came in a 50-34 win over San Diego on Oct. 6, 1963. "Someone said it was 718 days since I last caught a pass," Thomas said. "Its tough to stay focused and keep remembering what youre working for, but I made it through and it feels good to have all that behind me." Fantasy players arent the only ones who took notice of Thomas in Week 1. New York Giants defensive co-ordinator Perry Fewell surely did, too. When the Broncos visit the Giants next weekend for the latest Manning Brothers matchup, Fewell will have to devise a plan to slow down not only Wes Welker, Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, but also Julius Thomas, who in many ways can be the most menacing of them all. Thats because of the matchup problems he creates, the nifty moves he honed on the hardwood and the growing rapport with his quarterback. "Im not sure how they will answer it, or if they will, but it will be interesting to see how teams play Julius all season," Manning said. "He is a big guy, he definitely will make teams have a conversation, and that is what you want. You want guys that make teams have a discussion. How are we going to handle this guy? Hes a big guy." Thomas knows his number can be called one week, somebody elses the next. After standing on the sideline for so long, sharing the spotlight isnt a bother. "We have so many weapons on offence. I wouldnt want to be a defensive co-ordinator trying to figure out what its going to take to slow us down," Thomas said. NOTES: Missing Mondays practice were CB Champ Bailey (foot), KR Trindon Holliday (leg), MLB Wesley Woodyard (ankle) and CB Omar Bolden (shoulder). NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Nov - 06:50 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Religion -> Monothéisme Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation