Index du Forum

Forum libre et sans modérateur sur la spiritualité, garantissant la liberté de conscience.

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

were not going to lose this fight anymore

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Religion -> Monothéisme
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
cherry452

MessagePosté le: Mar 22 Nov - 03:38 (2016)    Sujet du message: were not going to lose this fight anymore Répondre en citant

Canadian skip Cheryl Bernard feels she could still compete at an elite level for the next year or two. Shes just unsure whether she could still do it for a four-year Olympic cycle. That was one of the reasons why she announced her retirement from competitive curling on Tuesday, ending a career highlighted by four appearances at the national championships and an Olympic silver medal at the Vancouver Games in 2010. "When youve been there, thats really all you want is to get back," she said from her hometown of Calgary. "Its a funny thing, so I realize that." Bernard, 47, said she started to seriously consider retirement after losing the Alberta provincial final to Val Sweeting last January. "I really had to sit down and think," she said. "We came so close and that was a heartbreaker. Funny, Ive lost a few of them. And that one was without a doubt the worst because it would have just been a really neat way to maybe end the year and at least have a couple more years to look forward to." Bernard skipped Team Alberta at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts in 1992, 1996, 2007 and 2009. The best result for the Grande Prairie native was a runner-up finish in 1996 at Thunder Bay, Ont. One of her most memorable victories came over a decade later as she defeated Shannon Kleibrink in the final of the Olympic Trials in 2009 at Edmonton. At the Games, Bernard and her team of third Susan OConnor, second Carolyn Darbyshire (now McRorie), lead Cori Bartel (now Morris) and alternate Kristie Moore took top spot in the round robin at 8-1. They defeated Switzerland in the semifinal before dropping a 7-6 decision to defending champion Anette Norberg of Sweden in the final. Bernard had the final throw in the extra end but couldnt knock the two Swedish rocks out of the house and settled for second place. "I tried to really look at the positive that came out of that," Bernard said. "I really wanted to go through my life looking at it like our team won a silver and we didnt lose a gold." Both competitions provided lasting memories. "(The Trials) are kind of the pinnacle for Canada because its all the Canadian teams and its all your peers," she said. "Theyre both so up there in my memory and in my mind. Being able to stand on the (Olympic) podium in your own country. Ill never forget that, that was pretty neat." Now that shes retired, Bernard plans to spend more time with her family and continue her charity work and public speaking endeavours. She usually brings her silver medal along during her talks and the gold-medal game is a frequent discussion subject. "I relive it a lot," she said. "I talk about that and I have realized that sometimes youre lucky enough to win and sometimes youre lucky enough not to win. Because I think the things you get from a loss can sometimes be more educational, they can be more life-changing than the things when you win. "I think you look at a lot of different things after a loss and I think you can actually do a lot of good with that knowledge and see some really great life lessons. I really try to look at that as some great lessons I learned. I learned some amazing things about my teammates and about my family. You learn a lot when something doesnt maybe go exactly like you hoped." Bernard is excited to tackle some new challenges. She recently completed her first marathon and plans to work with World Vision and climb Mount Kilimanjaro to help children in Third World countries. "The marathon was something I really wanted to do and I trained the last five months for it," she said. "I absolutely loved focusing on a different sport. It felt so amazing to win a (participation) medal at a marathon. It was a nothing medal -- it was a completion medal, and it just felt so good. "I just thought, You know, Im missing trying to push myself at other things. So thats the next step." After a run of over two decades in the sport, Bernard is also quite proud of the friends she made along the way. "I always look back so much at the players," she said. "I look at the accomplishments of course and the highlights of winning the Trials and winning a silver medal and playing in an Olympics in Canada. I dont know if you can ever beat playing in an Olympics in your home country. "But I really look back at the people and the relationships that youve developed and the people youve influenced. I think those things maybe more make my career than the hardware." Cheap NFL Jerseys China .com) - Eric Fehr and Marcus Johansson each registered a pair of goals, as Washington spoiled the head coaching debut of Peter Horachek by picking up a 6-2 victory in Toronto on Wednesday. China Jerseys Wholesale .com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday. http://www.cheapjerseys2016.us.com/ . Not that Durant cared. The only streak he cares about is still intact. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Gustafsson controlled the first round after getting top position on a throw, and came out much more forcefully in the second, buckling Manuwa with a Muay Thai knee, and finishing him off with strikes on the ground. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . Which is to say, the top of this years draft class is not as dynamic or exciting as the 2013 class of Nate MacKinnon, Sasha Barkov, Jonathan Drouin and Seth Jones and its not as strikingly promising as the highly-anticipated 2015 slate of Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin. MIAMI -- Chris Bosh got them started. LeBron James took over in the second half. And in the end, the Miami Heat moved one win from yet another Eastern Conference title. James had 32 points and 10 rebounds, Bosh added 25 points -- nearly matching his output from the first three games of the series combined -- and the Heat grabbed control of the East finals by topping the Indiana Pacers 102-90 in Game 4 for a 3-1 lead. Dwyane Wade added 15 points and Miami never trailed, leading by 23 at one point. "We try to get better every single day, every single game," James said. "When you do that and go out and play the type of game that you are capable of playing, you can be satisfied with the results. And thats what weve built over the years." Only the Celtics and Lakers franchises have been to the NBA Finals in four straight seasons. The Heat now have three chances to join that club, starting with Game 5 at Indiana on Wednesday night. "We got outplayed by the Heat," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. "I wasnt disappointed in our fight. I was disappointed in the result." Paul George scored 23 points and David West added 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Pacers, who got 15 points from George Hill. But Lance Stephenson -- who made news in the days between Games 3 and 4 by suggesting he was in James head -- was held to nine and 7-foot-2 centre Roy Hibbert was scoreless in 22 minutes for Indiana. "I was trying to get into his head," Stephenson said, referring to James. "I guess he stepped up and got the win. I can take the heat." The heat, maybe. The Heat, maybe not. Miami has won the last three games in the series, and going back to the point in Game 3 when the Heat trailed by 15, they have outscored the Pacers by 39 points in a span of about 6 1/2 quarters. The Pacers won two elimination games in the first round against Atlanta, and need to win three more if their yearlong plan of topping Miami as kings of the East is going to become reality. The odds are obviously stacked against them. When holding a 3-1 lead, Miami is 8-0 in Game 5s over the past four postseasons. "We have a chance to play an NBA game on our home floor," West said. "We are going to try to do something thats very tough." Bosh scored the games first eight points, making a pair of 3-pointers and ending a series-long funk. He had scored exactly nine points in each of the first three games of these East finals and was held under 10 points in each of his last seven playoff games against Indiana. But he came out flying, and probably not coincidentally, the Heat finally had a good start. &qquot;I told him he was going to have a great game," James said.dddddddddddd "We got off to a fast start because of him." Miami won the first quarter for the first time in the series, going up 27-19 and helped in part by a late 3-pointer from Shane Battier -- with replays showing Vogel moved down the sideline toward the Heat forward as he shot from near the Indiana bench. If nothing else, at least he was trying to beat Big Brother. Much as he did Sunday, Vogel used the big brother-little brother analogy with his team, trying any way to urge the Pacers to break through against the team that has ended their season in each of the past two years. "Hes got to make a decision at some point in his life, that no matter what, were not going to lose this fight anymore," Vogel said, likening the Pacers to the little brother in that scenario. "Were at that point." The fight isnt over. But it was awfully one-sided for long stretches of Game 4, and George -- who said he thought Indiana outplayed Miami -- pointed to free throws as the reason why. Miami was 30 of 34 from the line; Indiana was 11 of 17. "They won this game at the free-throw line," George said. Miami outscored Indiana 31-20 in the third quarter and kept pulling away before the Pacers used a 15-3 run to make things rather interesting. Stephenson had a layup with 3:20 left that would have gotten Indiana within nine -- but it was waved off after he was called for fouling Wade on his way to the basket. Stephenson scored with 1:31 left to make it 99-90, but James snuffed out any comeback hopes right there with a three-point play. Miami was without Chris Andersen, inactive because of a bruised left thigh. The Heat also tweaked their starting lineup, with Rashard Lewis in and Udonis Haslem out. The Pacers were down only 49-44 at halftime -- even though Hibbert and Stephenson both had three fouls, the Heat didnt have a turnover until the second quarter, Miami shot 10 more free throws in the half and Bosh and James combined for 32 points in the first 24 minutes. If there was any doubt, Miami erased it quickly after halftime. James scored five points in a 7-0 spurt to open the second half, and the Heat were on their way. "Theyre the best offensive team in the NBA," Vogel said. NOTES: It was the 74th playoff game where James had at least 25 points, five rebounds and five assists, passing Michael Jordan for the most in NBA history. ... George passed Reggie Miller for the highest scoring single-season (including playoffs) by a player in Pacers history. Miller had 2,078 in 1989-90; George entered Game 4 with 2,077 points. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 22 Nov - 03:38 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Religion -> Monothéisme Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation