Index du Forum

Forum libre et sans modérateur sur la spiritualité, garantissant la liberté de conscience.

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

It was also the first short-handed goal allowed by the Blues

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Philosophie -> Culture
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
cherry452

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Nov - 04:23 (2016)    Sujet du message: It was also the first short-handed goal allowed by the Blues Répondre en citant

MIAMI -- The drive down the left-field line took a surprising path, clanging off the foul pole for a homer by a batter who rarely hits them against a pitcher who rarely gives them up. That narrow margin loomed large because of the way Jarred Cosart pitched against Adam Wainwright. Cosart went seven innings Tuesday to earn his first victory for the Miami Marlins, who beat Wainwright and the St. Louis Cardinals 3-0. Wainwright (14-7) missed a chance to become the first 15-game winner in the majors. He went seven innings and allowed three runs, with two coming on a fourth-inning home run by Donovan Solano -- only the sixth homer allowed by the Cardinals ace. "I thought for sure the ball was going foul," Solano said. He wasnt the only one. "That ball was 10 feet foul and it came back fair. It was just the craziest ball flight Ive ever seen," Wainwright said. "He thought it was foul, the umpire thought it was foul, I thought it was foul, everyone in the park thought it was foul. And then the ball started having this ball flight back to the pole, and it ended up hitting the pole. You cant do anything about that." It was stunner coming against Wainwright, who began the game with the best innings-to-homers ratio among all major league starters. The homer was Solanos first ever at Marlins Park in 133 games. His only other homer this year came against another All-Star, David Price. "You can book Donovan for every ace in the league from here on out," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said with a giggle. Cosart allowed three hits and one walk to win for the first time since July 7. The victory came in his second start for Miami after being acquired from Houston in a trade for prospects. "I think thats why I got traded -- they had confidence in my ability that I can help this team," Cosart said. "I have the utmost confidence in my own ability that I can come in here and help these guys win games and help make a playoff push." Hes 1-1 with the Marlins and 10-7 overall this year. Casey McGehee led off the Marlins fourth and hustled for a double when left fielder Matt Holliday was slow getting the ball back into the infield. Jarrod Saltalamacchia singled home the games first run, and Solano pulled an inside sinker for his homer. "I think I got so caught up trying to stuff it in there that I didnt juice it like I wanted to," Wainwright said. "That may be why he got to it. Youve got to tip your hat sometimes. It obviously looks ridiculously stupid that I gave up a two-run homer there, but the sad thing is it probably wouldnt have mattered because their guys pitched very good and we didnt score." TRAINERS ROOM Cosart, who missed his last turn because of a sore lower back, decided not to risk aggravating the injury at the plate. He took six strikes in two at-bats. FIRST SAVE With closer Steve Cishek given the night off, Mike Dunn came on with two on and two out in the ninth and earned his first save by retiring Matt Adams. The Marlins improved to 15-10 since the All-Star break. MVP? Marlins RF Giancarlo Stanton is aware of the buzz building that he deserves MVP consideration. "You understand what the possibilities are," he said, "but Im not typing MVP on Google every night." Stanton came into the game tied for the major league lead with 31 home runs, and he led the NL in RBIs, total bases and walks. He walked twice but also grounded into two double plays. UP NEXT Justin Masterson, who got only six outs in his most recent outing, starts for the Cardinals against Nathan Eovaldi in the final game of the series Wednesday. Masterson has an 11.25 ERA in two starts since joining the Cardinals, but manager Mike Matheny said he was encouraged by the way the right-hander threw in his most recent bullpen session. NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashvilles defence quickly transitioned to offence and netted the decisive goal.Shea Weber scored twice to lead the Predators to a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday night. Gabriel Bourque added a goal for Nashville, which has won two of three.Chris Butler and T.J. Oshie scored for St. Louis, but the Blues lost for the fifth time in six games despite the return of No. 1 goalie Brian Elliott.Elliott was activated from the injured list earlier Tuesday after he missed 14 games due to a lower-body injury. He made 44 saves.That is one way to get back into it, getting a lot of rubber, Elliott said. It is not the game we wanted to play, but they came at us, and we knew what to expect.A night after a shootout loss in Chicago, the Predators responded with a 47-shot effort.I think we were really strong, and what I liked was we got stronger, Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said. I really liked the way our guys really just kept their focus and kept their foot on the gas.Midway through the third period, while the Blues were on a power play, Roman Josi carried the puck down the left side on a 2-on-1 rush with Weber.Inside the blue line, Josi found Weber, who fired a high shot past Elliott for a short-handed goal that gave the Predators a 3-2 lead. It was the Predators first short-handed goal this season.Two defencemen on a 2-on-1 on a PK, and we scored. Everyone is going to be laughing about that, Weber said. Honestly, I thought, Should I really go? But it worked out, so were lucky.It was also the first short-handed goal allowed by the Blues this season.They knocked us off the puck. The 2-on-1, they knocked us off the puck in their own zone which was the winning goal, St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock said.WWeber also gave Nashville a 1-0 lead with 1:55 left in the first period.ddddddddddddWith the puck in the left corner, Bourque took it away from Butler and found Olli Jokinen behind the Blues net. Jokinen skated to the right side and hit Weber with a pass as he came down from the right point unchecked and beat Elliott with a one-timer.The goal was Webers seventh of the season, but first since Nov. 20 — a span of 16 games.Butler tied the game at 1 just 50 seconds into the second period.David Backes won an offensive zone faceoff back to Butler at the right point, where his slap shot through traffic deflected off Webers shin pad and beat goalie Pekka Rinne on the short side.Oshie gave the Blues a 2-1 lead at 14:39 of the second on a give-and-go play that concluded with Oshie being alone on the left side from where he scored his sixth goal.Bourque tied it at 16:06 of the second.Paul Gaustad won a faceoff back to Jokinen above the right circle. Elliott stopped his shot, but Bourque skated hard to the net, kicked the puck onto his stick, and beat Elliott for his second of the season.It was tough to get it on my backhand, so I used my skate, and it worked pretty well, Bourque said. The rebound popped right on my skate, so I saw it all the way.The goal was scored just three seconds after Nashville rookie Filip Forsberg thought he tied the game on a shot from the left side. The goal was disallowed, and a video replay was inconclusive.Rinne finished with 25 saves.NOTES: Oshie played in his 400th NHL game. ... Nashville D Anton Volchenkov returned after missing five games due to a lower-body injury. ... Jokinens assists were his first two of the season. ... The Predators havent lost consecutive games this season. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Nov - 04:23 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Philosophie -> Culture Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation